• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to make a tileset buildable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
First idea that comes to mind is just to edit (swap) the textures, but then you need to have some extra garbage tile type that you probably not gonna use.

Second idea: You could try looping through every cell of the map, checking each tile with GetTerrainType(x,y) and then modifying the pathing with this:
native SetTerrainPathable takes real x, real y, pathingtype t, boolean flag

Also worth mentioning that SetTerrainType doesn't change pathing, it's purely cosmetic. This can lead to third method.

Last edited:
Level 10
This works pretty easy without triggers or the like.

What you essentially want is a different tileset that looks the same, but is buildable. So you need just to override the texture of a different tileset with the wanted one.

Firstly, you need to extract the tileset you want to be buildable from the casc files. There are different casc viewer avaible to use that. Keep in mind, thought, that some run rather unstable and should -never- be used while the editor or the game is running. I heard that this can corrupt the file. Although honestly, i have not used a casc-viewer until this point. So look for some reliable information and tutorials. Inform yourserlf on which one you use (since my project are pre-reforged, i still use an MPQ-Viewer and open an old MPQ-file i have copied somewhere safe).

A different option would be to look if someone already exported the file of the tileset and has it somewhere posted around here.

Now, when you got the texture data of the tileset, you can easily import that into your map again. Import the data via the asset manager. Now here comes the interesting part. You need to choose which tile you want to replace it with. I found this list of the data paths of the tilesets: --All Warcraft 3 Tile Paths--

Choose one of these you like (in your example a buildable tile like the village fall path) and enter that file path for the imported data. Now, when you use a custom tile palette, the replaced tileset should have the looks of the tileset you want, but should have the properties of the one you replaced. This means in your case it is buildable. From that point on, you can work with that tileset like with every other one.

The second part is the same principle which you use to import custom tilesets. Keep in mind that with reforge you should consider importing 2 files, one for SD and one for HD. This depends if you want to build for both modes and want a fitting look for both.

EDIT:

First idea that comes to mind is just to edit (swap) the textures, but then you need to have some extra garbage tile type that you probably not gonna use.

Looks like i should read the answers of other people more properly. I described pretty much this....

Status
Not open for further replies.