• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Make a Planet View!

Level 3
it has occured to me that i want to make a tutorial on making planet Views.

Alrighty here we go
(Tutorial pictures will be at the bottom)
your going to want to enable the campaign dependancy

Open up the Starcraft 2 editor then pick a Tileset (dosnt really matter what you pick) go to terrain objects and then hide terrain Cells all of them your going to want the map to be pretty big. and of course turn the fog to 0.01 so you can barely see it you can do this in the data editor by going to terrain texture sets and then scrolling down till you see the fog options and your going to want to select the terrain texture set you are using currently

Part 2 stars
(you'll only want the stars for the PLANET ICONS because they dont contain built in stars like the planet Views do)
go to the units button at the top and look for SS_BackgroundSpaceTerranLarge
and to see your results go to an angle with your camera and then hold down
control (ctrl) and scroll with the mouse wheel backwards

Part 3 The planets
Here are the location of all the planets
Go to the data editor go to models then go to terran the buildings pick any terran building and change its model to a planet
Location of the planet models:
Assets/UI/Starmap/PlanetViews/(the planet you want)
Assets/UI/Starmap/PlanetIcons/(the planet you want)

And thats all!
give me any feedback if i need to fix anything in this tutorial :grin:
i may not respond to anything right away due to being busy at school and such

-Busted_stuff89

Attachments

• part 1.jpg
    part 1.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 501
  • part 3.jpg
    part 3.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 365