• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How To Make A Help Unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So im trying to make a helper unit with the Question Mark model and i got that part down.

But how do i make it so when a player clicks him, the player can see all the abilities (help tips) in the unit and scroll over it to read the description? I dont want it to display on the screen, i want the player to be able to scroll over seperate tooltips and read those.

Can i make one unit controlled by all players? I dont think i can

What else could i do w/o having to do too much work?

Thanks

Level 5
> Can i make one unit controlled by all players?
Yes you can.
Just make the player ally to the said unit owner.
Something like this:
Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Player - Make Neutral Passive treat (Picked player) as an Ally with shared vision and full shared units

Level 6
> Can i make one unit controlled by all players?
Yes you can.
Just make the player ally to the said unit owner.
Something like this:
Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Player - Make Neutral Passive treat (Picked player) as an Ally with shared vision and full shared units

that controls all of neutral passive's units though, not just that one unit

Level 5
To extend from the above.
When a player click on the unit, make the player ally with shared vision/controls.
When unclicked, make them normal ally again.

Of course, there may be issues here and there but I guess it should be workable.

Level 6
To extend from the above.
When a player click on the unit, make the player ally with shared vision/controls.
When unclicked, make them normal ally again.

Of course, there may be issues here and there but I guess it should be workable.

Kay here you go.

Just download the map, its easier then me posting triggers.

thanks guys and lmfao that was hilarious dat-c3 the triggers name and everything

But i'm going to do it a different way. When a player selects the helper unit, it creates a 2nd helper unit with no model for the triggering player at the same position of the original helper unit and then makes the player switch selection to that unit

Status
Not open for further replies.