• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to make a custom magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How can i do a custom magic? i wanted something like a guy says "FU u bastard"
and then a gigantic bomb or something appear on the selected unit and counts down and over the bomb it is written "3..." and 1 sec later "2..." and 1 sec later "1..." and 1 sec later KA-BOOM a gigantic mortar team hit (u know, when they hit a unit, it will appear a ka-boom that looks like a mini atombomb-explosion) appear. and the unit should also splatter like when you kill it with a mortar team.
that would be awesome!!!

Level 11
Do you mean a custom spell...? A chain like that might require triggers (not very knowladgable about map making......) "Like a guy says F U bastard", do you mean actually type that, cus that would require a trigger such as,

• Event:Player types F U B*stard as an exact match
  • Action:Game - Display to (All players) the text: 3.....
  • Action:Wait 1.00 seconds
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 2....
  • Wait 1.00 seconds
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 1....
  • Wait 0.50 seconds
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: BOOM!!!!!!
  • Actions\Events\Conditions: whatever you want to happen here...and other things
You could also make floating text over the characters head. Sorry if i misunderstood you thats what i believe you asked?....:cannon:

Level 12
No...wait..
  • Events
    • Unit begins casting an ability
  • Conditons
    • If ability cast is equal to (FragBOOMthingy)
      • Actions
        • Unit - Make (Triggering Unit) explode on death
        • Special Effects - Create (the mortarteam explosion) at postion of (Triggering Unit)
        • Wait - 0.20 seconds
        • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
This should do it...as for the mortarteam explosion, use a goblin blaster instant boom effect...I'm sorry i messed you up somewhere..at least i think i did. Again, again, some good triggerer help. I'm a n00b when it comes to trigegring. =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
Well, you need to make an ability that does nothing (I suggest basing it off sleep). Then you need to make a trigger like the following:

• [19:50]KaBoom
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to EXPLOSION
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Casting unit) named (Name of (Casting unit)): Play No sound and display FU u bastard!. Modify duration: Subtract 2.00 seconds and Wait
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 3... above (Target unit of ability being cast) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 2... above (Target unit of ability being cast) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 1... above (Target unit of ability being cast) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\FragmentationShards\FragBoomSpawn.mdl
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads KA-BOOM! above (Target unit of ability being cast) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Explode (Target unit of ability being cast)
Where "EXPLOSION" is your ability that does nothing.

Level 11
Well, you need to make an ability that does nothing (I suggest basing it off sleep)

You couldn't have suggested a worse spell. Or wait, actually there is another one just as bad: STORM BOLT. Both these abilities with a duration set to 0.01 break channeling of the target. With a duration of 0, they have infinite effect. There are so many other single target spells: Chain Lightning, Healing Wave, Rejuvenation, Cripple, Unholy Frenzy... Just don't use a spell which would break channeling.

~Daelin

Level 7
Base the ability on Channel (if u dont know how to use it then read the tutorial at http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/) then use this trigger:

• Bomb
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Big Boom
    • Actions
      • Set tempunit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set temppoint = (Position of tempunit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of tempunit using Abilities\Weapons\Mortar\MortarMissile.mdl
      • Set tempeffect = (Last created special effect)
      • Sound - Play YourSound <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at temppoint with Z offset 0.00
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 3 above tempunit with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Set temptext = (Last created floating text)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Destroy temptext
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 2 above tempunit with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 1 above tempunit with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Set temppoint = (Position of tempunit)
      • Unit - Make tempunit Explode on death
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temppoint using Abilities\Weapons\SteamTank\SteamTankImpact.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Destroy tempeffect
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage tempunit, dealing 10000000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
remember though, this is not multiinstancable, that would require jass. so only 1 unit at a time can cast this ability for it to work.
Edit: Btw, i did test this ability and it does work.

Level 36
Whered the guy who was originally posting the question go anyway? lol all it has been is a bunch of people providing different triggers. anyway, good to see that you got oe that works and I hope thats what he means by saying that he wants to make "a magic"......whatever the hell that means...

Status
Not open for further replies.