• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Help on a few things (disease cloud, friendly fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How about helping me solve few problems?

1)It's an old one: when I make custom units in WE and test the map, most of the time the units can't attack each other with normal (melee, ranged etc.) attack doesn't matter friendly or foe!?
- Why does this happen and how to fix it? (if someone wishes I could send a map where this problem occurs)
And it's not because of the option "Combat - Attack - Targets Allowed" - ex. because when two organic units attack each other they rarely go and hit one another.

2)About the "disease cloud" ability:
2.1. How can I make it dispelable, when using spells like Dispel Magic, Disenchant, etc. because now It is not dispelable by the Priest's Dispel Magic spell.
2.2. There's something weird about this ability is it normal for it the longer a unit is exposed to it the more damage to take what I mean is: ex: 0,5 dmg/sec normally but if you stay for more than let's say 15 seconds it begins to drain not only 0,5 per second but 1 dmg/sec, 2 dmg/sec 3 dmg/sec 5 dmg/sec 6 dmg/sec and so it multiplies!?
2.3. How to make it show the buff (I mean not the effect on it but the info like: This unit is diseased it will take damage over time) on the unit with the icon and the text I want it to show!?

3)To make an ability which is supposed to have a chance to turn a target enemy into another unit which should than be under your control! Ex.: Lucantrophy or Zombify to while your unit hits the enemy to have a small chance on every hit to turn the enemy into a werewolf or a zombie - should I use Doom or Dark Conversion as a base?

Last edited:
Level 26
1. Post map.

2.1 Disease spell is hardcoded - can not be dispelled, like Doom. Although you trigger your own 'disease' spell using one of abilities that are dispellable as dummy buff. In trigger add condition that checks if unit has given buff, if no remove it from loop.
2.2 What's wierd that it stacks? If you want to know, disease cloud is dummy unit with losuct. It picks unit aorund and adds a debuff to them.
2.3 Disease has buff icon on status bar.

Level 7
Here's the map!
Take a look around to see what I have done by now look in the unit, ability, buff/effects and trigger sections and please tell me if you think of a better way to make/remake something!
- Also is some of the poison abilities dispelable? If yes then maybe I could use it instead of Disease but having the same effect. What do you think?!
Try out the map and use the zombies to attack the footman and if you can find why they don't attack him I would be very thankful!
Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions!

Attachments

• Workplace.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Level 7
Hmm, don't know when or why did I touch those but... Thank you, I appreciate your help! :goblin_good_job:

Ok if not dispellable at least how to make it not cumulative (disesase) or should I use poison? What do you think!?
I know disease has an buff icon but I don't know why it doesn't change when I choose a custom buff (with custom icon and new info text)

Level 7
Okay, solved the issue with the Disease Cloud. Thank you again Spinnaker :thumbs_up:

Now there's still only the 3) point to be solved.
+ Can someone help me with the beginning of the trigger, I don't know how to add by trigger an ability to the attack of a unit!? (It is going to be a chance that the ability is cast but I think I know how to make the chance part):wink:

Level 7
Spinnaker - look in the map I sent you yesterday in the triggers look for the Zombify trigger(it's a disabled trigger)
There it says:
Events: A unit starts the effect of an ability <=
But I need it to be something like a (Zombie) unit attacks another unit...
I don't know how to add Doom to the normal attack of a unit (by using triggers). <= in this case Doom will be cast by 10% chance so It won't work with every hit! ;)

Or just tell me how to add Curse to the melee attack of a Zombie, ok? (by using triggers)

Last edited:
Level 7
That's a strange system!!! :goblin_jawdrop: I understand nearly nothing, but it works! :infl_thumbs_up:

1) Will there be a problem if I change something to the ability trigger or the "Preload" trigger?

2) And why is the "GDD Variable Creator" - disabled? What is it good for? :vw_wtf:

Level 7
I'm not going to change the system itself (I don't understand a thing about Jazz vJazz or GUI)
Is it gonna be a problem if:

1) I export the triggers and the system and import it to another map? (if yes, what may the problems be?)

2) Can I use the same system but just change the ability for the Lucantrophy of the werewolfs (I mean to have the two abilities on the same map) or I have to copy it and change the name of the trigger for the other ability to work?!

Other than that it works just perfect for me, you have my hearty thanks!:goblin_good_job:

Thank you a lot Spinnaker! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 7
Well friends there are two things I can't solve:

1) How to remove the Buff/Effect from the original Doom spell and use a custom one instead not both! (and don't tell me to fine the field Buff of Effect I know how to usually do that) My problem is that I put a custom Buff and/or Effect and the result is: First appears the effect of the Doom then the custom effect I want, but don't know why the Doom effect doesn't disappear!?! (it's a trigger ability)

2) How to make a unit that is summoned by the Doom spell to be stunned or somehow to be made to wait for 2-3 seconds before attacking? Because now it attacks the moment it is summoned and it is too unfair! I need something like summoning sickness for few seconds!

Ask if you don't understand something!?!

Last edited:
Level 7
Can someone tell me how to make an ability that can reduce a unit's damage to it's minimal damage for a period of time? (I want to make a "Weakness" ability)
Ex.:
Let's take a Footman he has 12-13 dmg when this ability is cast on him (let's say it will last 20sec) Footman's dmg should be not more than 12 while under the effect of this ability!

Can someone help, please?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.