• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a Beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
how can i create i nice little coast/beach im having trouble finding a way to make it not look repetative and not empty at the same time

Level 13
There is a wonderful beach sand texture on another wc3 page :)
Since I am forbidden to link it (don't ask me.. ask rui) I will upload the rescource for you.

All credits go to: Proximity

Path: TerrainArt\Ruins\Ruins_Sand.BLP
(replaces the Ruin sand which looks so dark)

f_uro4m_0e0aec7.jpg

Attachments

• Ruins_Sand.rar
    81.1 KB · Views: 76
Level 9
sadly, it looks like snow in game. (Default game camera)

Also, if you're not using a far up camera, your terrian will look like it has a grinds, just like the ones from World Editor.

Capture111.PNG

Level 13
sadly, it looks like snow in game. (Default game camera)

Also, if you're not using a far up camera, your terrian will look like it has a grinds, just like the ones from World Editor.

View attachment 67803

Argh forgot to mention :)

It was something that you must only use terrain type 1? (type is wrong -.- but i don't remember the right word)

Gosh there are 2 things (I believe its something like the variation with doodas.) and you must only use the first one...

Status
Not open for further replies.