• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make A spell autocasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How would i make a spell like carrion swarm or shockwave, autocasting like heal.

Im making a modern warfare map and I want troops to use mana as ammo got that part done but im having trouble finding anything close to a autocasting spell that deals damage.

i will credit you in my map if you can help!

its going to be pretty intense if I can get it to work.

Level 9
You might also want to 0 out the effect just to be sure, and make the mana cost appropriate and the cooldown as needed. The dummy unit should be invisible (because it uses the model none.mdl) and invulnerable.

But for what you want to do, it sorts of sounds like you'll want to use Searing Arrows. That is autocasting, works on attack, and uses mana and adds damage. The problem is, players can try to click it off (though I believe you can force it to click it back on). You could just trigger it to remove 1 mana when the unit attacks and disable attacking when it has no mana.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Try Copying and Pasting The Heal Spell then make it a hero spell, after that just edit it to do the effects u want it to have. =)

Level 28
Base it on slow or parasite with 0.01 duration. Use triggers that on casting the dummy spell, it creates a dummy unit and gets it to cast shockwave on the target. That is how TDs do it.
Not every TD is doing it like that as some use the
E: Unit is attacked
C: Level of *ability* for (attacking unit) = 1
A: Order (attacking unit) to use *ability*

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes but the a unit is attacked event triggers for every attack, including rappid fire towers which can shoot 10-20 shots a second. Although it only runs a condition, it still chews un needed processing time, thus running a trigger on something less used like on an ability cast is more efficient..

Status
Not open for further replies.