• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to increase unit armor with trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi !

My question is in the title :)
How could i increase, or decrease a unit's armor with trigger ?
I need a taunt ability that increases armor after cast.

Level 9
There is no trigger action that increases unit's armor, but you can add to unit an invisible ability that provides armor bonus. You can make that ability from the ability of ring of defence.
  • Unit - Add ArmorAbility to (Triggering unit)
  • Unit - Set level of ArmorAbility for (Triggering unit) to <level-you-want-to-set>

Level 3
Day-Elven is right. That's one simple way to do that, I've tried that way before and add a Countdown to remove the armor ability once your spell is over. However, if there is more than one unit cast this spell, it will get messed up. So here I provide you another simple way to do that: when the caster casts your spell, create a dummy unit which is friendly to the caster, and have it cast a armor-buff spell to caster, then remove the dummy-unit. There you go.

P/S: I think you're creating a spell similar to Berserker's Call of Axe from DotA. Well, good luck on that.

Level 9
However, if there is more than one unit cast this spell, it will get messed up.

Hmm, i never had bugs with it. 2 units can't cast a spell really at one time. Are dummies really needed in this case?

And, if you need taunt, there is the 3rd solution. You can make an ability from roar ('Aroa'), and order nearby enemies to attack you. (You can set a defence increase bonus for roar. To make it influence only one unit, you can change targets - self only, or effect range - to 0).

Level 3
Hmm, i never had bugs with it. 2 units can't cast a spell really at one time. Are dummies really needed in this case?

And, if you need taunt, there is the 3rd solution. You can make an ability from roar ('Aroa'), and order nearby enemies to attack you. (You can set a defence increase bonus for roar. To make it influence only one unit, you can change targets - self only, or effect range - to 0).

I mean they cast the same spell within its duration. I don't remember exactly, but, after the 2nd cast, maybe the ArmorAbility on the 1st caster will never be removed. I'll re-check it sometimes.
If you use that trigger instead of Taunt the taunted unit will easily be ordered to do another thing if they are controlled by human-player.

Status
Not open for further replies.