• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to increase a units armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Hello hivers,

I want to know the way 2 increase a unit's armor using triggers... I dont know how 2 do that as I could not find any specific action for that..

Also I dont how 2 knockback or throw up a unit in the air... any help on this?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I know about the custom stat system... But I want 2 do it myself to make me clear about the concepts. I really appreciate doomlords spells but If i learn 2 do it myself I will be more fertile ideas concerning armor. especially spells... :)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I could not understand what u said...
If u are telling me 2 add an ability then I want 2 know of there is way I can increase armor without adding an ability.

Level 21
you could use an ability that increase armor and then increase its level through triggers. those abilities are invisible anyway though they will show up as a boost rather than regular armor. another possibility is to use an upgrade that increase armor and research it through triggers.

Level 22
you could use an ability that increase armor and then increase its level through triggers. those abilities are invisible anyway though they will show up as a boost rather than regular armor. another possibility is to use an upgrade that increase armor and research it through triggers.

Already suggested that. He doesn't want to use an ability fpr some reason.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I have been observing this thread for a while... So, if there is no way do it without an ability then let it be . Just tell me an ability that does this armor -/+ thing if u know plzzz.

Well.. If I had the in game code of wc3 then I would have done it myself.. Looks like i will have 2 ask blizzard now.

So what about the knock up? :)

Level 22
Search for a knockback/knockup system?

The ability is simple armor ability of items.
You can give it levels but it won't be visible so you will have to set level by triggers.

Actually, the spell being invisible is a good thing since he doesn't want to use an ability.

@demonslayer If you're planning to increase armor ranging from 1 to 100, instead of making 100 levels, make 2 armor abilities each having 10 levels. One is for ones digit while other is tens digit.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Hmm.. I agree 2 both of ur oponions.. Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.