• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Hide Item but the stats remains Unchanged ?

Level 5
I have a trigger item like this but I can't hide the item when worn, but I also want it to still have +2 stats.
That means it turns into a completely hidden item and you can use 6 slots.

Hide Item
Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Circlet of Nobility) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Wait 1.00 seconds
Item - Hide (Item being manipulated)
Item - Make (Item being manipulated) Undroppable
Else - Actions
1704880294943.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Items simply add/remove abilities to the unit that equips them. Their ability or abilities are added upon acquiring the item and removed upon losing the item.

Here's a very basic trigger for making a "permanent" Circle of Nobility:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Circle of Nobility
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Item Hero Stat Bonus (+2 All Stats) to (Triggering unit)
    • Item - Hide (Item being manipulated)
I think the Hero will lose the ability when it dies in which case you you'll want to make the ability permanent as well:
  • Custom script : call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent( GetTriggerUnit(), true, 'Alx2' )

But if you want an advanced inventory system which extends the size of the inventory then you'll need to create it yourself or find an existing one on Hive that suits your needs. Here's one that lets you double your inventory size and use the abilities from all 12 inventory slots:

Level 5
so I will have to write an add command to add them as + permanent, I thought it could detect the stats when carrying that item but could hide them