• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to give new unts at the middle of the game .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do you give new units to a player at the middle of the game , i mean if they do something and get new units or buildings how do i make the workers /barracks to make the new unit?

Level 12
Do you mean add a new unit that can be trained into the barracks? Do you want the unit greyed out until you get some new structure or do you want it to just appear?

I think you can do this by adding all the units to the structure and then disable them at the start (makes them not appear) and then enable them when the player gets something needed for the particular unit.

With the greyed out units, you can make them have a tech requirement and make the requirement the unit or building or upgrade you want to be required for it.

Level 3
At map start:
Player - Set limit of unit-type footman to 0.

When you want to reward them:
Player - Set limit of unit-type footman to -1.
Thx ! Just what i needed for units !

Do you mean add a new unit that can be trained into the barracks? Do you want the unit greyed out until you get some new structure or do you want it to just appear?

I think you can do this by adding all the units to the structure and then disable them at the start (makes them not appear) and then enable them when the player gets something needed for the particular unit.

With the greyed out units, you can make them have a tech requirement and make the requirement the unit or building or upgrade you want to be required for it.
Thanks ! That should do it for the buildings , and yes they were just to appear ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.