• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to get more spells than toolbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm really annoyed about my inexperiance... I don't know how to create some kind of "spellbook", that i can add spells into for a hero to just "open" the spellbook, and choose a spell to cast. Such as i saw in Defiance ORPG.
If you know how to do this... Please help me!

Level 37
In object editor, go to the abilities tab. Hit Control + F to open the find window. Search for "Spell Book", without the quotations. Copy and paste the ability.

Edit the data - spell list. Edit the minimum and maximum number of spells also. Set the minimum to 1 and max to 11 to be safe.

Then give your unit the custom spell book.

Level 33
But remember, the spells in the spellbook can only be leveled up with trigger (you can't normally level up it by pressing the red cross mark)
Test map attached to show example usage of SpellBook

Attachments

• Spell Book Example.w3x
    12.6 KB · Views: 77
Level 4
In object editor, go to the abilities tab. Hit Control + F to open the find window. Search for "Spell Book", without the quotations. Copy and paste the ability.

Edit the data - spell list. Edit the minimum and maximum number of spells also. Set the minimum to 1 and max to 11 to be safe.

Then give your unit the custom spell book.

Thanks very much for the advice... Yet now all i need to know is how to "level" the spells with a trigger. I've searched through the availiable triggers, (As for my level, i'm really dumb, and i'm sure there's something). How to level just one spell, wtihout leveling all of them at once?
Oh, and can you "add" spells into it? Or maybe you could just replace the spell book with the existing spells, and add another into it aswell?

Level 37
You can level the abilities like this:
  • Unit - Set level of *ability* for *unit* to ((Level of *ability* for *unit*) + 1)
This is a simple way how to "remove" spells from spellbook:
  • Player - Disable *ability* for *Player*
And "add" abilities to spell book:
  • Player - Enable *ability* for *Player*
However like this the spells must be defined in the Data - spell list and the icon order is set to stone.

Level 33
Thanks very much for the advice... Yet now all i need to know is how to "level" the spells with a trigger. I've searched through the availiable triggers, (As for my level, i'm really dumb, and i'm sure there's something). How to level just one spell, wtihout leveling all of them at once?
Oh, and can you "add" spells into it? Or maybe you could just replace the spell book with the existing spells, and add another into it aswell?

Have you checked my test map in previous post ?

Level 4
[/QUOTE]And "add" abilities to spell book:
However like this the spells must be defined in the Data - spell list and the icon order is set to stone.[/QUOTE]

Huh? You're saying that if i "enable" an ability that actully is inside the spellbook that's already "disabled", it will just be visible in the spellbook, and ready for use?

You can level the abilities like this:
  • Unit - Set level of *ability* for *unit* to ((Level of *ability* for *unit*) + 1)
This is a simple way how to "remove" spells from spellbook:
  • Player - Disable *ability* for *Player*
And "add" abilities to spell book:
However like this the spells must be defined in the Data - spell list and the icon order is set to stone.
That's not MUI ;O
What you should do, is create 1 spell book with a certain order ID
Then create separate spell books (up to 11) with the same order ID and put one ability in each spell book. The create a map inta trigger and disable all those 11 spell books (not the base one).
To level the abilities in the spell book, you would level it just as maker said. To remove spells, simply remove the spellbook. (one of the 11 that you disabled)

Level 4
That's not MUI ;O
What you should do, is create 1 spell book with a certain order ID
Then create separate spell books (up to 11) with the same order ID and put one ability in each spell book. The create a map inta trigger and disable all those 11 spell books (not the base one).
To level the abilities in the spell book, you would level it just as maker said. To remove spells, simply remove the spellbook. (one of the 11 that you disabled)
That's way too advanced for me... I just keep to the system Maker told me. Besides i've already started alot of those spells in that system order. It would be crazy to start anew.

Status
Not open for further replies.