• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

-save/-load System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZXD

ZXD

Level 2
So i was wondering, if theres a -save/-load system, but not a normal one,
one which can save what spells were learned by the player, similary to Defiance's Save system. One that would even save , spells learned in the spellbook.

Anybody knows such?

Level 28
If you want to save spells in a spell-book, there's an easier way:
Save the level of the hero and then learn the spell-book, set the spells in the spell-book so they are automatically learned at a specific level.
That way you don't need the abilities to save, but only the hero level.

There are plenty of good save/load systems out there, go find one that suits you ^^

ZXD

ZXD

Level 2
I want to make spells being dropped by mobs. i dont wanna have people run around and auto learn them on levelup , its lame. :l
Thats why i need some system that can save spells learned in spellbook. And by spellbook, i dont mean that big red + .

Level 17
You could save spells as integers.
For example when the value (array is for player):

FirstSpell[1] = 394

So 394 = Firebolt.
Just make a huge list of integers and spells.

If FirstSpell[1] = 78
Then learn Blizzard (as blizzard would be 78)

You will have huge triggers but this is one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.