• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to get bigger map sizes, more terrain types etc. for a mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yes, as the title would suggest, is there a tool, which would allow you to make bigger maps than the biggest size, don't remember the exact number, on the standard and allow you to have more terrain types than the maximum 13 or so? I'm creating an RPG map, but what WE has to offer, isn't enough (Well, the thing is, that the terrain feels too squeezed and rather dull, with not too many terrain types). So, is there a tool that could save my day? And if there is, is it hard to use?

Thank you all in forward!

Cheers! Othogar

Level 15
try some third-party world editors in Tools section. they have their limitations too, but not as harsh as original WE's

Level 16
Don't use WEU. It's outdated and can ruin your map and increase lags/map size.

Better use JNGP (NewGen)

This tool isn't virused.
Does this tool contain viruses?

No, some antivirus tools just think it does due to the nature of this tool, that works by injecting its own code into the process of the WE. Most tools allow to setup an exception for such cases, some have to be turned off though (like Kaspersky)

Level 2
Well, WEU doesn't even work with Macs so, I wouldn't even consider using it :)

Hmm... The Jass New Gen isn't that complicated to use, no? I'm horrible with anything that has something to do with the JASS or any other WC III coding...

Level 2
Uhm... I tried downloading and opening it, when I was unzipping the file, the program that unzips the files on my computer crashed... What's going on?

EDIT: And now that I opened the files that I had in the partly zipped folder (I guess it's partly zipped...), all I had in the "CLILoader.dll" and the "Colorizer.dll" files was text like this:

MZêˇˇ∏@Ä∫¥ Õ!∏LÕ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

$PEL‹LH‡!  æ' @@ Ä@@(l'O`  H.textƒ  `.sdataJ@ @¿.reloc `0@B†'HÏ ld'0Ö(

o
o
(
rprpo

rp(

Hmm... Curious... This program cannot be run in DOS mode...?

Level 2
No luck... *sigh* I think I'll fix the little PC laptop of mine, and start doing my RPG on it...

Level 2
Well, that's the problem! I tried to make it with normal WE, but it felt too squeezed and the terrain looked a little boring as well, when deserts only consisted of cracking earth and a few shrubs. Forests were easier to make, but still! And mountains are pain, also... I had no room for rock terrain, only snow and dirt! And the size, I could have squeezed everything to fit it all in, but, I'd had to make the characters rather small, so the world would have felt bigger!

Level 2
Okay, I downloaded the Jass NewGen on my PC laptop, but when I try to launch the NewGenWE, it says that a part of WE is already running or something. Then, when I quit all the programs, that had something to do with WE and launched again, it launched the normal WE... Hmmm... I didn't check the special folder Slaydon told me about... I'll check in later, when I have done checking the special folder...

Level 2
Agh! Someone told me, that I have to register the program first! Would someone please tell me, how I'll do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.