• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to export game interface and game constant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Can you expand on that question? The files you named are inside the map file (which can be opened with an MPQ-Editor) and hold the gameplay constants and game interface settings.

Level 7
I mean.. I still want to add stuff in the game constants and game interface in GUI, but it cannot be done anymore because I already have these files.. so what to do to export those into the game? or into those files?

Level 7
Inside World Editor.. go to:
advanced>game interface
advanced>game constants
That contains information of the game interface and constants
I have edited those.
But the extra files I mentioned above, prevents the information I save to get into the game, you get it?

Level 12
But the extra files I mentioned above, prevents the information I save to get into the game, you get it?

So you have extra external files (war3mapskin.txt, war3mapextra.txt, war3mapmisc.txt) which are not inside of your map.

As we all know, once one changes interface or constants in a map, those files are also created inside the map file.

I don't understand what you mean by "prevents the information [...] to get into the game"

Level 12
So, you changed one or more entries in advanced->game interface of your map in the World Editor, but ingame those changes are not visible.

Where do these external files come from anyway? Did they just appear? In which folder are they? The same as your map?

If possible also upload your map.

Level 7
yes those ingame changes are not visible.
I wrote a .txt file and imported it into the map, because I wanted to change the loading screen.
they are not in any folders? dude these external files don't come inside any folders..

Level 26
Yes, the files you imported occupy the paths that the WE would use too and the Import Manager marks those paths to prevent overwriting. If the WE is necessary to you, you should rather edit the meta slks (UI\SkinMetaData.slk, Units\MiscMetaData.slk) to include the missing fields. Then you can set your loading screen from inside the WE.

Level 7
Yes, the files you imported occupy the paths that the WE would use too and the Import Manager marks those paths to prevent overwriting. If the WE is necessary to you, you should rather edit the meta slks (UI\SkinMetaData.slk, Units\MiscMetaData.slk) to include the missing fields. Then you can set your loading screen from inside the WE.
Thanks man! finally a legit reply on the issue itself
If I had already added them does it mean I have no way to use WE anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.