• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to enable all Tilessets for a Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I suppose it could be possible to make a custom tileset and add all other tileset's tiles in it, but you will still have an issue with the cliffs as a map can only have 2 cliffs.

Level 12
You might be right, to be honest, I never tried to use more than 16 tiles, as I very quickly hit the cliff limit before it became promising.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
even with triggers?
Triggers cannot bypass the limit. One can use triggers to dynamically load up to 15 (the map always needs at least 1) tile types, but still once a tile type is loaded it cannot be unloaded and at most 16 tile types can be used. Trying to load any beyond 16 seems to suffer from overflow in that it will use one of the previously loaded tile types instead, likely starting with 16 going to 0, 17 to 1 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.