• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] How to effectively test maps(Load issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello!
I started making a map which includes a lot of cutscenes. To test some of them I have to progress through the map and I don't want to do it each time I make a small change.

The problem is - if I make a savegame and make changes to the map I cannot load the old savegame. Is there a workaround for this? I am using latest Reforged 1.3.25. Was it an issue with Classic WarcraftIII?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
You can't obviously load an old one if you changed something in the map, because it is entirely dependent on the map.
That's not really an issue, the issue is that when you make a map you should have your own so called "cheats" so you can skip certain parts and test what you need to test, without wasting an eternity playing it just to change 1 thing.

Level 14
I use a method of temporary “test cheats” basically when you type in a chat command it skips the game forward to that point. You just have to make sure the trigger changes anything that needs to be changed. Since it’s just a test it isn’t super important that everything is done, but it may cause issues if you continue to play after the test.

Right now I use “test1” to bypass the opening cinematic and some of the early quests to test the first boss fight.
I use “test2” to test the next cutscene etc.

Level 5
I use a method of temporary “test cheats” basically when you type in a chat command it skips the game forward to that point. You just have to make sure the trigger changes anything that needs to be changed. Since it’s just a test it isn’t super important that everything is done, but it may cause issues if you continue to play after the test.

Right now I use “test1” to bypass the opening cinematic and some of the early quests to test the first boss fight.
I use “test2” to test the next cutscene etc.

Thank you. I started using the same method.

Status
Not open for further replies.