• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Grapchics trouble with a savegame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey there

I used Jazz to make a huge map, and during some testing of the map i got some serious graphics trouble.
The entire background, terrain, most of the buildings etc, went black.

The savegame is a rather large file 23kb, compared to other save games. I've used quite a bunch of new skins for many units that i got on these forums.

I've attached 2 screenshots from the savegame.

If anyone got an idea about how to solve this i'd be most grateful.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_061914_093828_01.tga
    3 MB · Views: 47
  • WC3ScrnShot_061914_093852_02.tga
    3 MB · Views: 44
Level 1
Terribly sorry about the screenshots. I'll keep in mind to drop them in paint next time.

And no. I'm not using daynightmodels.
It happened when i loaded really. After i made the map it opened and worked fine, then i saved it, came back another day and it looked like that.

Level 1
Viewing distance doesent change anything i'm afraid.

I'm unaware if there's some clever program to change viewing distance even more than is possible in the normal game though.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
But why would that effect the portrait? Even if it's just the view distance or even the fog, I thought portraits weren't effected by map things like that.
The portrait is also 3D so Z cut off would also affect it. I do not know if the portrait and the game use the same Z cut off.

The only other thing it could be is lighting. If there are no light sources everything will be black and I think the global illumination model also affects the portraits to some extent.

Level 12
Did a test using "call SetDayNightModels("","")" and portraits appear to be completely unaffected.

Also did a test by setting the camera to a distance of 200 and portraits remain unaffected.

So I think I remain by my original guess. Unless you mean something else, Super Good?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well I have not seen his images (cannot be bothered opening them) so am only guessing what it could be.

Is this maybe after loading a save of the game? With the initial session working perfectly? In which case it is probably some garbage with WC3 saves (like usual), one of the main reason most maps do not support them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It could be possible that this is just some WC3 load bug to add to the dozens of others like Array index 8191 being lost after a load and timers operating in periodic mode at time of save being reset to single shot.

For this reason most map makers now strongly advise against using standard WC3 save and load functionality and instead use trigger systems to set the game into a saved like state.

Status
Not open for further replies.