• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trouble with Armor icons and Spell upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone,

so i ran into some trouble with Tech Upgrades. For some reason the Armor icon of my units only have a green square istead of their repective icon. There is as of now only one Armor Upgrade that brings in the Armor Upgrade bonus and its also the only one set for Armor in Stats.

The other issue i have is that i want to upgrade an Autocast Heal & Dmg Spell for which i created upgrades as well. For some reason they dont work at all.

A third issue is one that i cannot directly describe as it doesnt occur for me but for "Rufus" who is reviewing my map. As far as i understood he encounters massive lag when starting the map.

The Map is unprotected and everyone is welcomed to take a look.

Halp please ?

Thread to the map below same as some screenshots :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/back-farlass-v1-22-a-276435/#post2811880

<
54zFmml.jpg

F8G5nX2.jpg

ojhoJ9L.jpg

UaUGjky.jpg

2LqDOJO.jpg
>

Level 14
It would be helpful to deliver a screenshot where exactly green icons appear, to make it possible to help you.

For that spell issue of yours, i suggest that you make a separate test map so that you can isolate the problem in a less complex environment. this works best usually.

Alternatively please post triggers if you would like someone to look over it.

Green icon means you set it as a path to a file that does not exist. I will download the map and look.

war3mapImported\BTNINV_Chest_Leather_08.blp <-this is the problem. You changed the paths in game interface and the paths don't lead to files.

Also, your triggers are leakier than the Titanic. Look at the link in my signature called things that leak. You need to clean unitgroups and loactions. You can't just write what ever triggers you want. That's not how it works. There isn't unlimited memory. You must use functions and save information efficiently.

Level 3
the leak thing is what i am currently working on. "Rufus" has mentioned it to me allready. the what you said about the game interface i will look into it. thanks alot for everythign you pointed out. :)

Level 3
It would be helpful to deliver a screenshot where exactly green icons appear, to make it possible to help you.

For that spell issue of yours, i suggest that you make a separate test map so that you can isolate the problem in a less complex environment. this works best usually.

Alternatively please post triggers if you would like someone to look over it.

i might try the seperate map idea. i think i read somewhere at some point that i can have something to do with the fact that some abilities are not meant to have different level. but no idea as of yet on how to get around it.

Level 3
Green icon means you set it as a path to a file that does not exist. I will download the map and look.

war3mapImported\BTNINV_Chest_Leather_08.blp <-this is the problem. You changed the paths in game interface and the paths don't lead to files.

Also, your triggers are leakier than the Titanic. Look at the link in my signature called things that leak. You need to clean unitgroups and loactions. You can't just write what ever triggers you want. That's not how it works. There isn't unlimited memory. You must use functions and save information efficiently.

i updated the map. there are still a helllot of leaks remaining but i removed alot of the reoccuring ones. i worked myself through the leaks guide and tried my best on e.g. the creepcamp triggers that i have. i still didnt remove all leaks though. If you could take a look and tell me where i went wrong that would be great <3

fixed the armor icons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.