How to disable keyboard scrolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
For the picked player, without using Jass.

Aaaaand go.

EDIT: Giving me the proper "custom script" is completely fine.

And awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Level 8
event - player presses left or right

action - set reals x and y = get current camera x and y
action - apply camera field x and y ( x and y )

might work

Level 4
I already have a looping trigger that keeps the camera steady, (or tries to, even at 0.01 periodic intervals) but there 'is' a function that completely disables the functionality of screen scrolling via the keyboard.

It's an advanced option in World Editor Unlimited, but I'd rather not use that option, as the new patch will most likely wreck the function.

I have tried to convert that simple action into text and using it that way, but I am given syntax errors trying to save the map. Most likely because of my lack of Jass knowledge.

Level 9
Use Camera- Lock Camera on unit.
This makes it impossible to scroll, but the camera will be locked on a single unit.

This depends on whether or not the OP wanted to be able to scroll using the minimap, or moving the mouse to the sides of the screen.

Perhaps you can lock scrolling when they start pressing a command on the keyboard (L, R, D, U) and unlock it when they release.

Last edited:
Level 4
Use Camera- Lock Camera on unit.
This makes it impossible to scroll, but the camera will be locked on a single unit.
So he want it. If you need i can explain how to make 3rd person view but i think it is so easy to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.