• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to determine unit's ability level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I have 4 towers, and they all have multishot (it's only 1 ability with multiple levels), but I want tower 1 to have multishot lvl 1, tower 2 with multishot lvl 2, and so on. How do I determine the level of multishot for each tower?

Level 7
You want to set the level with some method or do you want to know the ability level during a game?

Nope, I just want each tower to have a specific level of ability right from the start.

make one multishot lvl 1 lvl 2 and so on. then add it the ability you want tfor a tower with triggers

That's exactly what I don't want to do. I don't want 10 different abilities, I only want 1 with 10 levels.

Level 14
Are they four different towers of the same unit type or actually different four tower type ids? If it's the former, you'll have to manually set it with triggers.

If it's the latter, just enumerate each different tower id and set the ability to their respective level at map initialization. If the tower can get created later on, you can use a trigger to detect when a tower enters the map and set it to the respective ability level or have the tower have a dummy upgrade that increases the ability and make the upgrade researched for all players.

Level 7
If it's the latter, just enumerate each different tower id and set the ability to their respective level at map initialization. If the tower can get created later on, you can use a trigger to detect when a tower enters the map and set it to the respective ability level or have the tower have a dummy upgrade that increases the ability and make the upgrade researched for all players.

Thank you, that was what I was looking for. They're all based of the same tower, so, yeah, they're all the sam type.

Status
Not open for further replies.