• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] How to create units inside a cargo hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I dont think it's possible to create units inside a cargo. But you always can create 4 marines just under the transport ship and order them to go inside...

Although i remember i've seen somewhere a trigger action containing word 'cargo'/transport related... Just dont remember where.

Level 5
xD

so simple...

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • whatever u want
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Orc Burrow for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Aboard = (Last created unit)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Peon for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Right-Click Aboard

Level 5
I did make a auto system which moves units inside the transport with 0.01 delay for each unit, but there's a problem. Is there a way to count units inside a transport? To detect when each of the transports is full?

maybe u can try setting some variable to some variable + 1 whenever unit is loaded and if some variable = limit number order unit to stop...

Level 8
You're thinking of boarding now for Missile War? That could be either epic or awful. raft_pl has already stated the obvious answer and turaak has stolen my suggestion. I say, why do you need to load them at all? give them a one shot ability to create 4 marines at a point.
Or, if you are using this for missile war, trigger the whole thing and have them move manually, destroy on contact with enemy ship and create units then.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
It's implemented, but not foolproof. Players can stop the frigate in the process before it have all marines on board and control the ship, but I made a foolproof system to kill all the marines which has not boarded the ship to prevent harvest abuse. Also if the player did hide those marines inside a bunker, i also disabled their ability to earn gold so they are quite useless. Also to make things worse, it cannot attack missiles so players can't build up an army of marines as anti missile defense. Boarding system cannot be cheated!

If the frigate make a successful landing, the marines is under your control, if it's destroyed before, the ai control the marines

btw it's 6 marines. And if you kill their crew you have "taken control" over their ship and instant wins. (Unit producers included)

SiK

SiK

Level 1
Off-Topic: TKF Congrutalations for your map, its really good, funny and usefull when you're bored ^^ Love it.

P.S: Your internet is a bit slow, or is that speedtest.net problem? :)

Reactions: TKF

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I thought you would just kill them all if the boarding ship died.
You're right. It was weird when 5 frigates was shot down and all the marines pwned the bottom crew. Well in the latest version marines dies when the frigate dies. Also the boarding system is automatic and works properly. I don't know if I have given the frigate to much firepower, but 4 ultra lasers should be enough to take down a single marine frigate.

P.S: Your internet is a bit slow, or is that speedtest.net problem? :)
Offtopic: Regarding my internet, it's regarded as fast internet speed in norway standards where i live, also I live in a small town where the internet speed is standards are way lower than in the big cities. My internet is more than sufficient to play warcraft with, as it only requires 20-120 kbits upload to play. Only the high latency between players and host causes players to lagg. Even a person with ISDN (128kbits) can play warcraft without much problems.

The lagg in missile war is NOT connection lagg, but hardware lagg caused by shitty computers, like mine. Also because 98% of the triggers are GUI, while the movement system i JASS which is almost twice as fast as the best GUI move trigger. Also the -sm system is my own superb reserve movement system which is quite flawless and greatly improves perfomance ingame which is causes by the movement engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.