• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to create an ingame menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to create an ingame menu in my new map, but I don´t know how to do it. Which triggers i have to use?

Level 18
well, again no specifications..

but you can use the dialogboxes.. create them and let the user click on one of those 6 buttons..

You have to do some variables for each dialogbox, so create them, show them to the player and create a trigger that notices if dialogbutto X was clicked, and then just perform your action.. it's not that difficult, you should find all triggers and stuff for that..
(sry don't have any time to make a trigger template for you, maybe somebody will do it)

Level 2
Sry but i´ve got no idea how to make variabels and how to use them :( I need a decription. I want that you can choose one out of six items. You have to klick at the name, which should come in a menu.

Level 18
create a variable named "Dialogbox" and give it an array of 6 (related to dialogbox)
You have to create another variable called "Menu" (based on the Dialog)

Now make a Initialization trigger:

Event:

add something when your dialogboxes shall appear (e.g. Elapsed Gametime 10 seconds)
Condition:

- None
Action:

- Create a Dialogbox for "Menu" named Option1
- Set "Dialogbox[1] = last created Dialogbox
- Create a Dialogbox for "Menu" named Option2
- Set "Dialogbox[2] = last created Dialogbox
- and so on till Dialogbox[6]
- Show last created Dialog (Menu) to all players (or only player1)
Now make a new trigger that detects if the Buttons are pressed/clicked:

Event:

- A Dialogbox is clicked for "Menu" (I'm writing out of my head, search for it it's something similar)
Condition

- clicked Dialogbox equal to "Option1"
Actions:

- Now do whatever you want to.. run triggers, or else

Status
Not open for further replies.