• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to create an Image to the floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

i am trying to create an image to the floor of an wc3 map.
  • Image - Create an image using ReplaceableTextures\Splats\AuraRune9b.blp of size 256 at Region 001 with Z offset 0.00 using image type Indicator
  • Image - Change (Last created image): activate render always state
  • Image - Show (Last created image)
So.. this works fine..
Then i have tried to you use one of my pictures..
This works too, but my picture is displayed with some black stuff around it. and this sucks.. I used the search function in this forum and google, etc. but it shows never a solution.

Sometimes it says "you need an alpha channel"
Sometimes "you need a transperent rendering"
etc.

but.. it doesnt help..

Is here anyone who can explain the whole theme step by step? (include: how to create an alphachannel, etc. if it is necessary)

I apologize for my english.. I hope you could understand me ;-)

Greetings
Zephyria

Level 8
You have to add an alpha channel to your image, using photoshop (if you have) or gimp and then making the pixels on that image, you don't want to show transparent.
At the moment, it seems like your image isn't transparent at those pixels an thus those "black stuff" is from the image.
You may have a look at this site, it explains, how to add an alpha channel to an image using GIMP.

After you have done everything to step 4 in this tutorial, save the image as TGA and convert it to BLP.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You will have to encode an alpha channel with your .blp for all mipmap levels.

An alpha channel is the fourth colour component your computer renders when in 32 bit mode. It goes RGBA where each is allocated 8 bits for 255 possible values. It represents how transparent the pixel is (how much is based on the pixel behind it).

If you are using uncompresses, or palleted .blp, it is stored along side the normal colour channels.
If you are using lossy compressed (JPEG) .blp, it is likly stored as a separate uncompressed image of reduced depth to accompany the main compressed image.

You will need to generate an alpha channel for your image around the edges and store it in the proper location in the.blp. Some converts I am guessing are able to do this automatically from any 32 bit colour image they are passed.

Inorder to generate an alpha channel, you will eithor need to use a converter that takes in grey scale images for each colour channel separatly, or you will need a professional art tool which can handle alpha (NO MS PAINT). I herd some free professional art tools can support alpha channel editing. Any 32 bit image format (like .tga) support alpha channels so all that is needed is a convert capable of converting them along side the normal RGB channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.