• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create a melee unit that deals area damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am creating a Hero and i have the desire to be a Melee Unit that deals Area Damage but i do not know what to do because i am new to the world editor. Can someone help me?

Or not at all. Just check the unit area of effect fields, area of effect target, weapon type splash, projectile speed to max (even though its a melee unit) and the model to none. Should do the work.

This only works if the attack type is "Artillery", "Artillery (Line)", "Missile (Splash)", "Missile (Bounce)", or "Missile (Line)".

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
I would not recommend to change the weapon type, if you want your unit to behave like a melee unit.
Weapon type affects a lot of things like vampiric aura, thorns aura, trueshot aura, spiked barricades, spiked carrapace, frost armor. Every ability the differentiates between melee and range will no longer work correctly. Your unit might even miss when attacking a unit on high ground.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
This only works if the attack type is "Artillery", "Artillery (Line)", "Missile (Splash)", "Missile (Bounce)", or "Missile (Line)".
Did you even read what I wrote? I wrote weapon type splash, which is missile (splash), there is no such thing as attack type Artillery or Missile (splash), attack type is normal chaos spells etc, maybe you got confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.