• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to combine two units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
[SOLVED]

Hey there.

Currently I am thinking of combining two units into one. I mean to attach unit model to other unit model so to make it look like mounted unit, Horse + Monk. I need to make it as one unit. I tried attaching Monk to Horse's chest and origin, but it was too high or too much beneath the Horse. Any ideas how to add monk to horse in order to make it look like mounted Monk like this?

mountedmonk.png

This way would not fit the map, because this one is Horse unit + Monk doodad with increased height. The map would be cinematic, so the only thing I need is to make it look mounted and to enable horse to run with monk on it.

Help would be truly appreciated.

Last edited:
Level 31
Ugh, I cannot edit models and to make someone to accept request is a great challange to do these days..
I tried origin and chest, it would not work. Tried "mount", but it would attach monk's origin to horse's head.
Hmm, that's quite good idea, I tried moving it to horse's position each 0.02 seconds and it was quite really smooth. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.