• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to CnP parts of a model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys i just wanted to know how you take like parts of a model to and put it into another model. Like when you take Rexxars axes and use it on another model.
------------Help Appreciated-----------Thanks!-----------

Level 1
oh i see.....but which "Model Maker" do you mean? im pretty new to this so i dont know the specific tools to use for modding:confused::confused: all i know is how to get skins and take models from WinMPQ . Oh and also, what do i do with attachments?

Level 6
go to our request forum http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=341 and start one. I'm pretty sure you get your modell there. An then you just need a trigger to add the weapon to your Unit.

edit: dont forget to give some rep to those, who helped you (by clicking onto this button:
reputation.gif
)

Level 3
not that im THE expert but

well if you just want say a troll with a sword or a footman with a spear, you can just set the moddel back to basic level, delete bits and stick stuff together, or even just dl a model with weapon u want from hive,

but if you want to be able yto switch weapons within the game, you will need a model without a weapon, and a weapon pak (bunch of weapon mods) and then you can attach the weapons to verious points using triggers and therefore like when u pick up a spear a spear apears in ur hand

Status
Not open for further replies.