• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to change whole Tileset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Yeah I realize that.

Did you give it a try? Works for me...

Advanced > Modify Tileset

New window opens > Base Tileset: Dalaran > change to Dalaran Ruins > Press OK > Tiles and Cliffs change.

Hi, is there a way to change a whole tileset of the map (Including cliffs), such as from Dalaran --> Dalaran Ruins (Changing cliffs and tiles), is that possible without recreating the whole map all over again?

Please tell me what needs to be done if yes.

I'll reward reputation for any help.
I think there is no way to do that, But you can upload it and I or others will change the whole of tileset according to your choice.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Outside of the editor ways (which should work...) one can do it by modifying the W3E file directly. If it uses a non-custom tileset it can be changed by modifying 1 byte in the W3E file to be the character code of the new tileset you want. Otherwise it will need the modify the 4 byte type lists for both cliff types and terrain types. Do note that cliff types force load their corresponding terrain type before the terrain list is processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.