• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to change UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How can i change classic Warcraft 3 UI to Custom UI?

"Not for the map, for the whole game in general."

Level 2
I already have Custom UI. I ask how can I integrate this into the game. There is no answer about that here.

Level 7
In a map? You import the UI without changing the name, then in Game Interface, you assign the paths there to the custom UI one, matching names goes together

Level 2
In a map? You import the UI without changing the name, then in Game Interface, you assign the paths there to the custom UI one, matching names goes together
I want to change the standard UI of the game. It is not specific to a map I made. I want to change the classic UI of the game. To summarize, I want to replace the standard UI files of Warcraft 3 with the files I want. But I don't know what files I need to change.

Level 7
Same files, although I wonder if that is gonna work even, I believe Blizzard will detect that you modified their casc files and then auto-download the new ones.

But UI files you will be looking for (assuming race is human, but same concept to orc, undead etc) is

Console/Human/HumanUITile01
Console/Human/HumanUITile02
Console/Human/HumanUITile03
Console/Human/HumanUITile04
Console/Human/HumanUITile-InventoryCover

And assuming you wanna change the top bar (clock etc), then the file for that one is called "HumanUI-TimeIndicator"

Level 2
Same files, although I wonder if that is gonna work even, I believe Blizzard will detect that you modified their casc files and then auto-download the new ones.

But UI files you will be looking for (assuming race is human, but same concept to orc, undead etc) is

Console/Human/HumanUITile01
Console/Human/HumanUITile02
Console/Human/HumanUITile03
Console/Human/HumanUITile04
Console/Human/HumanUITile-InventoryCover

And assuming you wanna change the top bar (clock etc), then the file for that one is called "HumanUI-TimeIndicator"
Dude, I don't know how to do this. Is it possible for you to share a few photos of where to change it?

Level 7
Dude, I don't know how to do this. Is it possible for you to share a few photos of where to change it?

Look up CASC Viewer for WC3. But again, 99% certainty WC3 will re-download due to mismatched hash. Haven't confirmed it yet though.

Level 2
Look up CASC Viewer for WC3. But again, 99% certainty WC3 will re-download due to mismatched hash. Haven't confirmed it yet though.
22.png

My Warcraft 3: TFT version is (1.28.5)

Last edited:
If you are using Warcraft 3 1.28.5 then the game is still using mpqs, casc viewer will not help than.

Anyway that can be done without removing any default File.
First enable Allow Local Files than you can place custom Files into your warcraft 3 to change data/Textures etc. Local files
Then place your UI-Textures as mentioned in that post How to change UI. After that Human-Race uses your custom UI,

Status
Not open for further replies.