1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How to Change the Hero XP Bar

Discussion in '2D Art Tutorials' started by Orc_Tamer, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Orc_Tamer

Orc_Tamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How to Change the Hero XP Bar
    by Orc_Tamer

Basic Information:
    This tutorial will show you and explain how to change your interface of your game by changing the XP bar for you hero. Making you map unique and very nice.

Tools Required:
    -Photohop or Gimp (or any program that can save/load .tga)
    -Magos' Model Editor Link

Step 1:

Open up Magos' Model Editor and go to Windows >> MPQ Browser. Then go on File >>War3.mpq. After that go on UI>Feedback>XpBar>human-bigbar-fill.blp (As shown below)

step1 copy copy.jpg
    (This is what it should look like)
    step2 copy copy.JPG

Step 2: Once you open that file up go on Windows > Texture Manager. Find the texture and right click it and export it to your desktop with the .tga extension. (As shown below)

step5 copy copy.JPG

Step 3: Open it up on Photoshop or Gimp (Either one) for this tutorial I'm going to use Photoshop. Select all of it and delete all the space so its all white now change it to any color you want. Now go on the layer's options and add these settings.

step3 copy copy.JPG
    (This is what I ended up with)
    step4 copy copy.JPG

Step 3: Save it as .tga and reopen it on Magos' Model Editor and do the same thing as Step 2 but instead of saving it as .tga save it as .blp. Now open up your Warcraft III Map so we can import it.

Step 4: Go on Import Manage (F12). Import your new xp bar and now your file. The Full Path is "war3mapImported\human-bigbar-fill.blp" and change it to "UI\Feedback\XpBar\human-bigbar-fill.blp" (Important)
    (As shown below)
    step6 copy copy.JPG

Step 5: Close World Editor (Save your map) and reopen it, now test your map. Your hero's xp bar should end up having a different color.
    (As shown below)
    step7 copy copy.JPG

That's It. Have fun making your own XP bar. :)
    -Orc_Tamer

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2007
  2. cal823

cal823

Resources:
    Resources:
    i know this is old, but does this just change the colour, our could you have like a pattern or an image on it?

3. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's a tutorial, so I feel that he has the right to answer, because it's not incredibly old, and this is the only source of information on the subject here.

Really, I should neg rep you for trying to urge us on, when the situation doesn't require it.

4. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Seemed like a perfectly fine question ?

(Im also curious of the answer).

5. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tutorial Approved

~ Thread moved to 2D Art Tutorials.

6. Palin_Twinblade

Palin_Twinblade

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish there would be someone who would do this as a request, I used to be fairly skilled with photoshop cs2 i used to go to forums all the time and make sigs for competition but now i don't even have the program to do something as simple as this! lol i'm not paying another $600.
    Does anyone know if the purple that fills it can be changed? or is that what the blue is? then can you change the black?

7. Kalbintion

Kalbintion

Resources:
    Resources:
    i looked at the tutorial and i noticed in the first image "human-statbar-color" & "human-statbar-hightlight" perhaps that does something with the fill? just a thought im chking into this shortly and will edit if its true or not

8. Palin_Twinblade

Palin_Twinblade

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm maybe you kal could try and make this for me =D.
    I thought having just having not filled with exp would look black but top half would be red with jagged edges coming down like this

except the "V"'s wouldnt be letter just jagged lines and not all the same length and size. and when exp fills the black thats still there be turned to red. now that would be sweet. or opposite red background.

9. Kalbintion

Kalbintion

Resources:
    Resources:
    well im testing out my rpg i have this testing in right now, gotta make a exp trigger so i can add some lol, havent finished my game mechs if i figure it out all of it ill see what i can do palin!

edit: i did something with some image that changed it to red like i wanted lol, now to figure out what image it was

edit 2: its the hightlight picture that does the filling -- and palin ill make that image asap -- bleach is on so im workn on it during commercials lol, should be a fast edit with the image i got already tho

edit 3: DONE! now just to upload it, but where? hmm attachment?
    UI\Feedback\XpBar\human-statbar-highlight.blp is path btw to set it

edit 4: added another attachment, a preview

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  10. Unscrewed_Magic

Unscrewed_Magic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    is it possible to make one that is light blue and light green ?

with the same zig zag pattern ^

11. Kalbintion

Kalbintion

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes, it is, when i wake up ill make it for u

12. Palin_Twinblade

Palin_Twinblade

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks kalb! im actually working on 2 maps right now. and do you think you could make another one for me? you don't have 2 just wondering. I'd like the top to be brown and bottom black. but like it to when it fills the black turns green and not the brown. if thats possible. maybe the second image would just be same as brown one but filled with green instead of black so brown is double layered but will look the same.

13. Kalbintion

Kalbintion

Resources:
    Resources:
    :its kal, plz, i asked u before in the sig thread too if u didnt notice --- and ye ill make it sometime soon -- the changing color on fill i dont kno if its possible or not -- ill make both of those tho, BG: Black, Spikes: Brown & BG: Green, Spikes: Brown

edit: Heres the two you asked for palin: Rename the files if u usem. or import and rename. Previews of them attached, see Attachment Thumbnails 2 and 3

human-statbar-highlightB_BlackS_Brown.blp -> human-statbar-highlight.blp
    human-statbar-highlightB_BlackS_Green.blp -> human-statbar-highlight.blp

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  14. Palin_Twinblade

Palin_Twinblade

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry kal bad memory lol and thanks love u so much in a non gay way.
    but will the highlite fillw up with blue? it didn't mean a second brown for the normal pic i meant that to be the bottom that fills not blue. but otherwise its great. red looks like blood but when you change it too green it looks like ooz =D

15. Kalbintion

Kalbintion

Resources:
    Resources:
    i dont kno if the highlight will fill up with blue, i havent figured out 100% of all of this yet, its a bit confusing on how blizz set it up. Btw that first attachment, green/blue was for the other person who had requested one. I agree with your "ooz" thing and the "blood" thing, i can see it, but what about the brown spikes? cavish? heh.

btw palin, if u wanna speak of this more go to my "Kalbintion's Request Thread" sincei ll pay attention to that more than anything else really

16. Unscrewed_Magic

Unscrewed_Magic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks, but why is mine dark blue and dark red in the game ?

17. Kalbintion

Kalbintion

Resources:
    Resources:
    may be due to gamma, or its just the way the game is generating the color instead of what its ment to be

18. Unscrewed_Magic

Unscrewed_Magic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It turns the right colors on experation timers !

19. kwoxer

kwoxer

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi guys i have a little prob and kofi couldn't help me too xD

the problem:
    i want to change the loadbar which means(i think) the statusbar when a game loads : UI\Glues\Loading\LoadBar\Loading-BarBorder.blp

well this one must be the right, I looked up all but only this one can be the right
    how do i have to change it that it works?

mby changing the mdx too?

and plz dont describe how to make a path or something else cuz i change nearly all blp's on my way and it worked, but this one don't

help me thx :wwink:

20. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is the skin actually the load bar? If it isn't the loadbar, and you're trying to use a hero EXP or something like that, then that may be why.