• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add the Burrow animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, let me describe my map. It's a melee map and most undead ground units have the sacrifice ability to morph into another creature --> Banshees become Poltergeists, Necros become Revenants, Crypt Fiends become Nerubian Fiends, etc. Everything is good to go for the undead except for one little animation.

I'm having trouble setting up the burrow animation for the Nerubian Fiend. I've tried quite a few things and searched everywhere and I can't find anything that will help me. I click on the NF Burrow ability, but it doesn't burrow, it goes "invisible" (at least, I think it would be invisible to other players) because the burrowed form is a copy of Burrowed Crypt Fiend. I've gone over the ability data a number of times, I've made the NF the dependancy equivalent of the burrowed NF (the copied unit). I've tried messing around with the animation data (in the ability and the unit) Can someone help me please?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Not sure I understand, but from what I recall, the "burrowed" nature of the burrowed crypt fiend comes from the model itself, not the ability (it's a set of alternate anims in the crypt fiend model). Does your "Nerubian fiend" (custom?) model have that?

Status
Not open for further replies.