• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to add more races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
well,im trying to make a map,an alterd melee with new races and so on,and as far as i have seen on other maps its possibole to make new races without removing old ones and for choosing it is needed to make a dialog box which askes you what race you want
and i cant seem to be able to make that dialog box :cry:
i tried different triggers and couldnt find the right one :(
please help me :p

Level 2
can someone please help?
if anyone is interested those are the planned new races,biggest list ever i belive :p :

1)blood elf's
2)naga
3)draeni
4)dwarfs
5)trols
6)tauren's
7)ogres
8)corrupt elf's
9)faceless
10)nirubians
11)fel orcs
12)goblins
13)pandaren

i know,a lot of work :p

Level 12
You can't add any races to the list, so:
1. Create custom units for your races.
2. Create a dialog / command to choose a race - You said you're having trouble making a dialog trigger, so use the command trigger instead. (e.g. -naga)
3. Delete
  • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
and because they are custom races, delete
  • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
4. Add to the trigger that picks the race and make the starting units for that picked race.

Try that.

You can't change the starting creatures. That is why you must get rid of the trigger.
You must make your own function that places the starting units you want and takes a location. Then you call the functions depending on the player's race. Or you could do it in GUI if you make array variables of the starting units like StartBuildingType[] and StartUnitType[] then have the array number correspond with the race. Then when they pick their race you can spawn 1 StartBuildingType[theirRace] spawn 4 StartUnitType[theirRace] at start location. You just need to think of ways around it.

I wanna wish you luck with it but i want to remember you the map would suggest you the Creep Rebelion program it makes easy to make new races It adds a new race Neutral-Ogres and so on and makes you an dialog and everything so you can easyer make a map with more races....If you want to change the 4 original races(Humans,Orcs,Undead,Night Elf)You can change the models of the units and in I think in
Advance>Gameplay Constants
I think any way good luck pleas send me a pm when you finish your map

Level 5
you could try installing the Creep Rebellion, then modifying their units. youd have to be able to do JASS tho, its pre 1.24 so youd have to fix the functions.

Level 2
well actually i still leave the original races there aswell so i dont really have to make an AI,atleast not until a certain stage...
btw im a horribole terrainer :p
so unless i get some help on that account ill just use a blizzard map lol

Level 2
creep rebellion worked,and its great!
it already has the dialog box built in which saves me a lot of trouble,and has some very nice stuff in it! :D
and more importantly,its 1.24 compatible :D
now just have to replace all the things with oger things...meh

Status
Not open for further replies.