• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add evasion buff to another skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yeah, it's a problem. I'm using the berserk skill for 2.3 duration. What I want is for an evasion buff like 50% miss chance to be put inside the duration of the berserk WITHOUT adding an ability to the hero.
Help

Level 5
Sorry but Im not familiar with spellbooks. If by adding the spellbook (with evasion inside) to the player, it would give the player the passive evasion without opening the spellbook??? If so then my problem is solved

Level 8
Yes but if you want the Spellbook to be unavailable and hidden so that you can't open it, then you would need to disable it with a trigger. You could go about this is in a couple of ways but the triggers I've posted are MPI; I don't know what your map is like so this may or may not be suitable. Here are a couple of tutorials as well that should help explain things further: The mysteries of the Spellbook and The Theory Behind Spellbooks.

• Example 1 (for one player only)
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable Spellbook for Player 1 (Red)
  • Example 2 (for all players)
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Disable Spellbook for (Picked player)

Last edited:
Level 5
So basically I add a spellbook w/ evasion, disable it, then remove the spellbook after the duration of Skill Dash is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.