• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How the XP work, and how you can work on it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, i have a BIG map, where you have many zone, (zone 1 its for level 1 to 15 / zone 2 level 15 to 30 ect...) the problem i have acutlay its the neutral hostile stop giving xp when a hero have him level 6, so i would like to know how its possible to have impart to xp ? its possible to manage everything about it ?? My map its suposse to go to the level 200, but i really dont know how to manage this problem of xp, thx a lot !

Level 10
You're looking for the 'Hero XP Gained - Creep Reduction Table' in 'Advanced>Gameplay Constants'
Tick the box at the top, look for that, then remove all of those numbers that are there, add 100 and now Neutral Hostile units should always give 100% of the EXP.
(For visual reference, look at the attached image)

Attachments

• expcreep.jpg
    expcreep.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 33
Level 4
i Have try to put only 100, that work but doesnt not the farming will be very long at a very hight level ?? I dont really understand this actual number

Level 12
If you want to gain xp faster setting it to 100 is best option. You can also change the hero xp gained table to modify the xp required to gain level.

And the modifiers xp gained constant factor etc. Modify them and find the best option for you.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Be aware that without some sort of reduction of experience for killing monsters below your level it can be possible to grind to maximum level off weak mobs. This can go against game progression. This is why many RPGs greatly reduce the experience gained from killing monsters that are more than a few levels below your current level.

I am not sure if such systems can be implemented by changing the gameplay constants alone. You might need to trigger a custom experience award system. There may already be some in the spells or scripts sections.

Level 4
Be aware that without some sort of reduction of experience for killing monsters below your level it can be possible to grind to maximum level off weak mobs. This can go against game progression. This is why many RPGs greatly reduce the experience gained from killing monsters that are more than a few levels below your current level.

I am not sure if such systems can be implemented by changing the gameplay constants alone. You might need to trigger a custom experience award system. There may already be some in the spells or scripts sections.

Yeah its something that scare me a bit, if all monster give 100% xp why people why farm monster level 40 if they can xp vs level 1, thx for your replay im gonna work on it

Status
Not open for further replies.