• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How many achievement points do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40

Ohhh wait my brother played a few I dont even know what they are, some custom or skirmish or whatever, so I have:

And I got the game ~1 month ago.

Oh look there's an achievement even for watching replays, now i'll go pro at replay achievement. So that makes it: 10.... no i dont know where im watching. I do have 'Guide One' !? achievement. I didn't see the achievement for breathing, though.
Go away.

--

Somewhere over 2600. Haven't checked in a while since I've been playing NWN and NWN2.

Level 13
Achievements are things you wouldnt normally do in a game, such as Zerglot, or getting a unit to survive 500 points of damage.

How would you not try to get a unit to survive 500 points of damage?

I have both Frugal Fighter and A Roach's Life, both gotten in completely normal games.

Level 11

Ohhh wait my brother played a few I dont even know what they are, some custom or skirmish or whatever, so I have:

Oh look there's an achievement even for watching replays, now i'll go pro at replay achievement. So that makes it: 10.... no i dont know where im watching. I do have 'Guide One' !? achievement. I didn't see the achievement for breathing, though.

I don't understand. You seem to have posted a ton in the Starcraft II section, yet you haven't played the game enough to get any achievements?

Level 13
You might with an Immortal, but a Roach is countered by extremely high-damage units and thus rarely survives more than a few battles while having taken a significant amount of damage. I assume you got lucky to get the Roach achievement.

I got Frugal Fighter with a colossus and A Roach's Life in early game against zealots and stalkers.

Level 40
I thought Frugal Fighter was immortal only given the icon, but a Colossus makes a lot of sense as well (enemies constantly trying to snipe it and you constantly microing it back). However, I'm still surprised that you accidentally got A Roach's Life unless your opponent wasn't particularly good.

Level 40
I did all the campaign achievements in one sleep-deprived night. Needless to say, it was awesome.

I don't understand. You seem to have posted a ton in the Starcraft II section, yet you haven't played the game enough to get any achievements?
He's an achievement hipster. Have you not seen his other posts on the subject?

He's just posting here to feel superior as usual; I replied with "go away" for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
I thought Frugal Fighter was immortal only given the icon, but a Colossus makes a lot of sense as well (enemies constantly trying to snipe it and you constantly microing it back). However, I'm still surprised that you accidentally got A Roach's Life unless your opponent wasn't particularly good.
I got frugal fighter fairly easily.

All you have to do is kill off a cannon rush, but leave one photon up and use a unit to constantly damage itself till it regens enough shield. Same for the Roach one.

You are annoying you know?

Level 5
Thanks for the answers everybody.

Im increasing my points everyday and i have now reached 1300.
I will agree with Phalanx, the best way to get achievement points is to do campaign and exploration, though the other categories gives some points too. Complete the City Builder and you allready a got bunch more points.

Unfortunately, the three others require a good deal more work. Cooperative and Custom Games requires you to play some 250 matches each against Computers, which is rather boring. It's decently easy to get most of the Outmatched and the ones that aren't Comp Romps, but the rest is pretty tedious to get. Cooperative is very much the same.

Quick Match is even harder though, because its all wins against Players. So unless you decide you don't care about your placements and play as random and worker rush every single game you play and stay in Bronze league, you will not likely get more than a couple hundred achievement points in there by the end of the year. And that tactic doesn't work in team games.

Level 31
Not anymore.

You guys failed to understand I'm not taking achievements as such a big deal.
Yes, I find them needless but just like facebook, I ignore them and idc about them.

Achievements aren't a problem, they are just a thing without which we can, and they do them on the back of some important missing things, like I said im not the only one thinking so. Some achievements are ridiculously easy, they are retardingly easy they shouldn't exist - the easy ones, like 1 win, 5 win achievement and such. 3 wins in a row = achievement.. This is breaking the meaning of achievement. Idc what you say, this is the damn truth they sexually abuse the word 'Achievement'.

I always take example from pros and just like they don't care or see them complaining on-a-forum I also stop. I see you react to my achievements bashing, so it entertains me to do it. But it's becoming no fun anymore and I already said I'd rather not comment any bnet issues around.

Why are you even posting here? Go Away like Purplepoot said. You don't like achiements, WHO CARES? lol.

Level 11
Not anymore.

You guys failed to understand I'm not taking achievements as such a big deal.
Yes, I find them needless but just like facebook, I ignore them and idc about them.

Achievements aren't a problem, they are just a thing without which we can, and they do them on the back of some important missing things, like I said im not the only one thinking so. Some achievements are ridiculously easy, they are retardingly easy they shouldn't exist - the easy ones, like 1 win, 5 win achievement and such. 3 wins in a row = achievement.. This is breaking the meaning of achievement. Idc what you say, this is the damn truth they sexually abuse the word 'Achievement'.

I always take example from pros and just like they don't care or see them complaining on-a-forum I also stop. I see you react to my achievements bashing, so it entertains me to do it. But it's becoming no fun anymore and I already said I'd rather not comment any bnet issues around.

What I think the problem here is that you post so much in the Starcraft II portion of the site, yet you haven't played the game enough to get an achievement on your own. That baffles me. You care enough to make posts here yet not enough to play the game? How does that even work?

Go play the game before you post lol.

Level 40
What I think the problem here is that you post so much in the Starcraft II portion of the site, yet you haven't played the game enough to get an achievement on your own. That baffles me. You care enough to make posts here yet not enough to play the game? How does that even work?

Go play the game before you post lol.
It's not that he hasn't played much, it's that he thinks it makes him cool to brag about how he doesn't care about achievements. I would call him a troll, but that would imply some level of intelligence behind his actions.

Edit: some friends and I decided to farm some achievements in our 4v4 placement matches. Here was the end of the game:

m7kPD.jpg

Currently at 2660 and counting.

Last edited:
Level 31
And why do you think I give a slight shit about your opinion that is based on absolutely nothing. . Behind every post of mine there is some logic or some reason, Purplepoot, unlike your 'A way to show off yourself again' post which is pure trolling and incredibly STUPID post to suggestions I'm making that have nothing to do with me...

you actually are the one who is trolling here.

Cause another guy who plays competitively and is currently in Diamond also said it:
"Please fix all the importent stuff then you can play around with ###% like achievments and other pointless features." And many think so, who simply are clever for not wasting their time to reply to forum trolls like I do. Ehh that's the point of these posts to say I stop wasting my time with clueless. SO you GTFO

My bro is diamond and like achiements. Will you start liking achiements now? lol.

===============================================

and purplepoot, Loool. sooooo many mules.

Level 20
Imtor said:
Behind every post of mine there is some logic or some reason
Really? Let's see now...

You've whined that the achievements are silly and childish and don't fit in SC2's competitive environment. Yet you also whine that BNet doesn't have animated portraits? Somehow, meaningless eye-candy like animated portraits can contribute to the competitive scene, but meaningless eye-candy like achievements cannot.

Also, you've said that currently, diamond is retarded, anyone can get in, and being diamond isn't an indication of skill or knowledge of the game. Yet several times you quote your anonymous sources as being diamond players, as if this somehow makes their opinion relevant.

There are probably way more instances of this, but I cba to actually read through any more of your posts.

Level 22
Somehow, meaningless eye-candy like animated portraits can contribute to the competitive scene, but meaningless eye-candy like achievements cannot.

WTF? Don't twist my words into something I never said, I never said portraits contribute to competitive scene. @£§€#$%&.

Conclusion: I'm dealing with people that have never played war3 Bnet to know that all im saying is all Bnet 1 did or did not have, nothing ridiculous because it was already in bnet. Portraits are enough of achievement for the fun players and Bnet 1 didnt have achievements, portraits acted as such for the fun, this is soooo needless when they didnt add the important features. Mine and ALL other players who think so, they dont even use forums to say the same , you are saying have irrelevant opinion? ROFL. Why the @£§€ am I wasting my time with you? If you have played bnet 1 long enough you would understand.

And just like I give bnet 1 as an example, Portraits are cool when animated. So they added some tons of pictures but didnt animate the portraits. Dont worry Blizzard already saw my long post of suggestions. No, no, bye with this discussion, learn the previous bnet first.

Level 5
Imtor said:
Why the @£§€ am I wasting my time with you?

I don't know, why are you wasting your time with us?. And as I just said, Animated Portraits are reserved for Blizz Staff. They were back in B.N 1.0 as well. The only time in B.N 1.0 you had an animated Portrait was when you looked at a profile, on WC3 only. I've been playing WC3 online since it came out. Do you know how many times I actually looked at someone's profile? I think averaging it up to around 2 times per year would be a pretty accurate estimation. And do you know how many times I looked up someone's profile to see an animated portrait? Never.

So listen to yourself, go away and stop posting in this topic. As you said, you're wasting your time. And lastly, get used to Achievements. From a Game Developer's point of view, Achievements are great because they take about 5 second to think up, and greatly increase the shelf life of a game. The more Achievements, the more playing value a game has.

Level 11
While I don't care for Imtor's lack of anger management, his aggressive posture, or the fact that he played Starcraft II in beta and thats about it, I do agree that battle.net 2 kind of sucks. The animated portraits were awsome and I miss them.

Level 3
I got 2070 by getting all of the exploration and challenge achievements, plus about 2/3's-3/4's of the campaign achievements.

Now, i have reached 1500. I have done less than half of the campaign achievements, so i will start completing those now.
What i have done, is all challenges on silver, all combat and some melee achievements too and i got the City Builder.
I have won a bunch of coop missions too. (Got the 15 win streak on medium and some other achievements).
Thanks for all the answers. Keep em' coming ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.