• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How does one obtain a spinning effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Could you clarify a bit. You want 2 units to spin around caster? If so maybe something like this( and clear leaks):
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (SPININGUNIT1) instantly to ((Position of CASTER) offset by 256.00 towards Angle degrees), facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Move (SPININGUNIT2) instantly to ((Position of CASTER) offset by 256.00 towards (Angle + 180.00) degrees), facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Angle = (Angle + 1.00)

Last edited:
Level 13
You are trying to get 2 units to orbit a single unit while the single unit moves?

I'll give you some basic directions. Lets call the 2 orbitals X and Y and the unit they will rotate around unit A.

So you need get the location/coordinates (whichever you prefer) of A, then you need to periodically(.03 should be good) set the position of X and Y to the position of A offset by however much you like, then in/decrease the angle for X and Y as appropriate to get them to go in opposite directions. I made something that might help you visualize this a while ago I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Here's the test map of it. It shows how to get a single unit to spin around another

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...803-kawaii-spell-workshop-guardian-sphere.w3x

Status
Not open for further replies.