• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to import JetFangInferno's FireTornado Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Recently I have been looking for a Spinning Fire sort of effect and stumbled upon JFI's amazing set of BladeStorms.

However, I am unsure of how to import this model:

http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/2080/

When I unzip the file I get FireTornado.mdx and Tornado2b.blp. I tried creating some special effects with FireTornado.mdx but unfortunately it was just a fire ball type effect that circled around the hero, and not the actual Tornado/BladeStorm.

I was wondering, what exactly do I do with Tornado2b.blp (and how) and/or how do I obtain the advertised model?

Thanks for your help!

Level 32
Indeed: the model's path should be war3mapImported\FireTornado.mdx

After importing the model, apply it to an ability or or doodad using the object editor (F6).

For example, if you wanted the tornado to be static, set a (one variation) doodad's Art - Model File field to that model.
Object Editor > Doodads > Bench > Art - Model File > war3mapImported\FireTornado.mdx

Add the model to a hero ability like so:
Object Editor > Abilities > Heroes > Brilliance Aura > Art - Target > war3mapImported\FireTornado.mdx

How to: Attach a Model or an Effect to a Unit describes other ways to use such models.

Level 2
Thanks for the help. I guess when I tried to use it before I was using "Create Special Effect at Point" and it didn't do what I was wanting it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.