• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How does Golden Team Tournament map succeed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I come that thought to me.

And I playing some versions of the map alone. And it was fun.
Summary of the map is:

6 teams free for all, who farming gold and experience to fight in the arena against each other.
In the arena contains elimation system, the team that loses duel against the other is eliminated. And the winner advances stages (that fight in a duel against another team that advanced also, if no enemy team remains, this wins round of the tournament). When X comes round, the game ends. And the team that won the most. Win the match.
The farming happens by killing the creeps at the base. As heroes level up, can put more powerful creeps, to gain more experience and gold.

A map with all this complexity and interesting to me. Can not be a success? For someone to give good balance, innovations, etc?

For those who do not know the map, and was curious to find out. Try to search on Epicwar "Golden Team Tournament".

Some versions of this map contain automatic bots (which do not need to fill with AI slots).

Level 2
Base on my experience playing Golden Team Tournament 2.5
15 minutes of being locked in your base grinding the same 3 creeps over and over again is boring. Not to mention the fountain healing was slow as a snails pace. Overall I just didn't have much fun playing this and found myself yawning throughout the whole game despite winning it. However I maybe a bit bias as whenever I play any hero map I generally like to go head hunting. This one however is definitely more design towards those that like to stay in their lane and farm forever.

Level 8
If the farm, it was only a small part. Times changed, and other things maybe the game is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.