• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you stop an in-game sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Does anyone know how to stop a shade from saying "The damned return" when it's done training?

I'm basically messing around with the Sacrifice ability via triggers and sounds. It's working fairly well (replacing the shade with the proper unit of the Sacrifice ability) but I want to make the Shade unit shut up. I can't seem to figure out how to keep him quiet when I'm trying to replace the Shade with the proper unit. Can anyone give me a hand on a quick trigger just to keep him quiet, plz?

P.S.: I'm a bit of a trigger newb, be gentle

Edit: Thank you both, I also continued to (frustratingly) playing around with the triggers a bit more and found an alternate solution without having to remove sounds or alter files. I'd wait until the shade is about 1 second to being trained and I'd set the unit response sound volume to 0%, turning it back up to 100% a second after it was trained.

Last edited:
Level 13
You can also replace the ShadeReady1.wav file by opening your notepad, saving an empty file with a .wav extension. Then, just import that file into your map with this path: Units\Undead\Shade\ShadeReady1.wav. Of course, you won't have that specific shade response unless you delete the imported file.

Status
Not open for further replies.