• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you make hero icon disappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm working on Helm's Deep Full v8.5, and near the end I have the hero enter a region. When the hero does, I hide -that- hero and unhide the hero on the horse. That way, it looks like the hero gets on the horse.
However, both hero icons are still there, and it annoys some people. Anybody got some good ideas? :goblin_jawdrop:

Level 4
Hmm.. Not the exact answer, but tweaking around with some actions gave me the idea to just create the unit instead of unhiding it. However, now I can only find the option to drop the items in the old hero's inventory instead of moving them over to the new one.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
For future information: Unit editor -> go to your hero, there is a field Display hero icon, set that to False and icon won't show up.

Anyways, better to run your 'mount' trigger with adding/removing kind of morph ability like druids have.
This you help you, and its much smoother than killing/removing heroes..

Level 4
I decided to make a trigger where:
Event: Unit enters region
Condition: Unit is Theoden and 1550 seconds have passed
Actions: Create Horse Theoden at region
Give Item carried by triggering unit (slots 1-6) to last created unit
wait 0.1 seconds
Remove triggering unit
Remove horse

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
This can be much simpler if you read the tutorial I've posted already above.

• Events
    • Unit - Unit enters region
  • Conditions
    • (Triggering unit) Equal to Theoden
    • <other stuff if needed>
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add MountTransformation to (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Remove MountTransformation from (Triggering unit)
Where MountTransformation is ability based on one of morph abilities (eg. druids).

Add other actions if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.