• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Hmm... How would one make shared hero icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen it done in maps like caverns of chaos.... How to explain it... Ummm it is where you have a hero for player 1 and a hero for player 2, there is two icons that show and it is both their heros however when player 1 clicks player 2's hero icon it doesnt select his/her hero however it pans your screen to the selected hero which is what I am looking for because it would be a really nice way for a detect life method for healers in maps or other reasons as well.

I'd appreciate it if anyone shared the knowledge of how to accomplish this.

Level 6
I'm not sure what you mean. Is that, that in up-left corner you see icons of both your hero and your ally's? You can do that in Side Options by checking Shared Unit Control (sth like that, I have no english wc3).

If you just want it to pan camera on the unit, but not select it, you need a trigger which starts when you select the given unit (so, if there will be more heroes, if a player selects a hero, who is not theirs), set camera position on that unit and select Triggering Player's Hero. The only flaw is, when the player had anything else selected, they will select their hero when clicking on other player's hero. Another flaw is, when trying to select ally's hero on the map (not the icon, but the unit itself) the trigger will also work.

I don't know if you understand me, but I hope I helped :D

Selection group. Units currently selected by player. Deselect dummy hero, select currently selected group.

Or, once a player selects anything, add all that he currently selects to a group. Once dummy is selected, add all in the group to player's selection. And don't forget to make it MPI.

I have been trying to make a system like this for my map, I thought there was one in spells too maker, do you get what I mean?

Because they are telling me correct methods of obtaining this, but there was a better way instead of this big workaround, oh and everyone.

I appreciate it... thank you for replying, and giving advice/help.

I finally found an example, play this map with 2+ ppl just at the start.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-0-12c-158955/?prev=search=cavern&d=list&r=20

EDIT: I am a idiot, thank you everyone I found my answer among the earlier posts. I was hoping for a more advanced method like enabling shared hero icons, but disabling control... Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.