• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] I can't hide the select user icon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello forum. I have a few neutral passive units that hve 12 items on them for sale. They also have Ethereal, Select Hero, and Shop Sharing. On one of these units the "select user"icon appears at 3,2. This hides the last 12th item to be shown and I want to fix this.

I use this:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Actions
    • Pick every player in all players
      • Player - Disable Select Hero for (Picked player)
      • Player - Disable Ethereal for (Picked player)
      • Player - Disable Shop Sharing for (Picked player)
It hides Ethereal, but I don't know about the others. Why select user appears only on one of them and the others have all 12 items?

Any suggestions?

Note: Ethereal is already on the shop, but select hero and shop sharing are added with triggers.

Last edited:
Level 13
Well, you can hide Select Hero and Ethereal in a spell book. Add it to those neutral units (via object editor) and disable it for neutral passive. It works, but you won't be able to select a hero if there are more than one near those units. On the other hand, LeandroTP also created a thread explaining that you can even hide buttons without a spell book, but it's not safe for mac users. Change the Button position X to 0 and Y to -11.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
One could also use only 11 items or less, that would also fix the problem. Obviously this implies adding other design constraints to consider however it will likely be the most polished result.

If it is a market place a change stock system can be made as triggers can be used to set/remove items from sale. This might have MPI issues however.

If only WC3 had 5*3 command card button spaces, like StarCraft II does. Not like that is even a limit in StarCraft II seeing how one can have many different command cards for the same unit as well as mapping command cards to free standing buttons.

Level 13
One could also use only 11 items or less, that would also fix the problem. Obviously this implies adding other design constraints to consider however it will likely be the most polished result.

If it is a market place a change stock system can be made as triggers can be used to set/remove items from sale. This might have MPI issues however.

If only WC3 had 5*3 command card button spaces, like StarCraft II does. Not like that is even a limit in StarCraft II seeing how one can have many different command cards for the same unit as well as mapping command cards to free standing buttons.

That's actually a very nice idea. Is it possible to hide a unit for all players but one? Even if it's not possible, that's still a very nice suggestion.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is it possible to hide a unit for all players but one?
Some people have said it works at times. However the general consciences is that it will cause clients to fall out of sync and so disconnect.

One can scale the model of units however. As such one could create 1 unit per player and then scale the model to be infinitely small so that only their unit is selectable at that location. Third party tools might in theory be able to modify the other units if control over them gets shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.