• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how do you importing maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
how do you impoort maps correctly? i save them into the maps section but when i try to play them on warcraft the menu goes up for a second then falls again.cna anyone help? i searched the forum but i cant find much.also it kills the editor when i try to load it

Level 16
Firstly, check the patch version to see if it's compactible with the map; e.g DotA requires the latest version, and some old maps cannot be played on 1.24 and only 1.23. For the second question, it kills your editor due to it being protected, therefore you cannot open it and it creates an error when you try to open the map from the editor.

Level 2
hmm ill try it. but the map im talking about said it wasnt copy-locked because they said we could take the models. also i just have warcraft 3 frozen throne so any maps that can run on that should work

Status
Not open for further replies.