• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How do you find out "The Right Map Size" for your map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Am currently working on an ORPG / Areana for 12 Players and I'm not sure what the right map size is.

At first glance, 192x192 seems fine, but then they will be on an island so that will make the playable area smaller. Then of course, you'll have obstacles like forests, mountains, etc. which "decrease" the playable map area.

Taking all these factors into account, how do you find out which size is the right one for your map?

Level 20
The maps are designed completely in paper, outside the world editor. After having it all very very clear, then you do it. You can't start creating a map and then improvise... Well, you can, but it'll be crap.

Level 2
The maps are designed completely in paper, outside the world editor. After having it all very very clear, then you do it. You can't start creating a map and then improvise... Well, you can, but it'll be crap.

I've never done that before. Improvising is pure creativity which naturally brings along success. Sure, planning is great, but I just find it to be more fun to just, for lack of a better term, YOLO~ your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.