• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you do 'Attack DMG of Caster' x '3'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am making a custom spell, and I want to set up the damage for it to be:

'Attack DMG of casting unit' x '3'

How can I do this? Because I don't see any options in Arithmetic option in trigger editor to do Attack DMG of casting unit. ??

Level 15
Unfortunately Warcraft world editor doesn't allow you to check Damage even the base one or the bonus one (As Maker has said).

You can do a huge calculation according to a hero's attributes and damage ( For example each 1 strength adds 3 damage ). And you have to save the base damage of each unit ( In a hashtable maybe or normal variables ). Even Damage detector systems can't receive Damage amount.

Level 19
I'm in the progress of making you this system, it is worth the trouble if you know how to do it easier and better. :thumbs_up:

Will submit it to spells section in a bit, likely tomorrow. Tired currently.

talon just an fyi you shouldn't :D

it just doesn't work. Honestly, workarounds end up making the game cooler. (e.g. logarithmic spellpower stats)

Level 13
450 damage for putting all your points in energy and having maximum "Energy Factor" doesn't seem very worthwhile for Diablo 2. A cool mechanic nonetheless, just not useful for a game like D2 xD

Level 13
They rework the damage system then? B.c pvp in vanilla diablo was 1-2 shot kills, like 4 maximum. They MUST have reworked the damage system for 450 to matter, idk. That or my memory doesn't serve me well.

Level 19
pvp is disabled in the current version, they're totally reworking everything in the next big release. making it it's own area and shit + giving most skills PvP-only versions

Status
Not open for further replies.