• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do they actually create high places terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do they actually put fog/cloud like effect to induce something like a place beyond the sky just like in iceborn and everglade?

Sorry for using your pic imago_

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Level 2
@Warseeker, Tnx for pointing out those tutorials but i've already read the first one many times. now that two just give me an idea what the heck is alpha tile for and i've been using it all along however in a wrong way HAHA Tnx!

@Chaosy That's some pretty neat terraining so i guess the alpha tile there is the ocean-like scenery below? Damn! well, before i tried making a sky arena but gave up because it is just too hard to replicate something floating in the sky.

Edit: Tnx @PrinceYaser, i've been using utm already but just right now i've realized i was not using it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.