• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] HOW DO I USE JASS THAT OTHER HAS MADE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
how the ****ing hell do i use the jass that other ppl have made and is on this site?

Level 5
yeah i used to have problems with this too but you just:
-copy the custom text if its JASS if its normal triggers copy all of them instead.
-then you have to check in the original map you got the spell from. go to edit < variables in the trigger editor. write down all of the variables what type everthing about them.
-then go to your map and create every single variable that was in the other map.
-then you need to copy the actuall spell from the other map just copy and paste. (you might need to get a new icon or import the one that was in the map since it might be a custom one. this doesnt matter though its just that you need an icon. if you need help on this make another post.)
-then if its JASS you need to look for a code that looks like A00_ it will allways have the A00 part then with a number or letter for the blank. this is the spell ID it tells the trigger what spell happens before it runs. to find the correct ID go into the object editor and hit control + D then find your spell it should have the ID in the name. Remember though if the spell your copying is done with normal triggers you dont need to find the ID.
-then make this trigger or something like it:
Events
-time elapsed is ____seconds
Conditions
-none
Actions
-quest-display ______ message with text_____

In the blank after text you should credit the person you got the spell from. I hope this helps you and other people that wish to use spells in their maps. But what i really wanna know is how to make them myself. hope this helped please tell me if it did because im new to answering questions and i would like some feedback please.-----AlphaChicken----

Level 3
its not spells i need i mean JASS from the JASS section. right of the AI section. there you have jass but i dont know how to use it. plz tell me

Level 5
well if you dont know how to edit jass then i dont know how else. because i dont know how to use JASS either. nad i think you have to have some understanding of it to use it. :cry: sorry :cry:

c3o

c3o

Level 2
Either paste it at the top of the trigger editor (The line which should be the map name). Or create a trigger and select edit>convert to custom text. Make sure this trigger is at the top of the map triggers. Since otherwise you can't call them from other triggers/functions. But this doesn't work always either.

Status
Not open for further replies.