• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add Jass/GUI??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
How do i add the Jass, vJass, and GUI spells systems and other things into the game? If there is a camera system i want, how can i apply it to my units? Lets say there is a Jass spell i want if i download it into the game it gets fatal error when i save the map? i have no knowledge of Jass. I have some knowledge of GUI. Basically i need to know how to change the triggering units in Jass to my units.

Most systems/spells should come with documentation. In JASS, it is marked with comments, for example:
JASS:
 //This is a comment
 //Most systems will use this to document their spell/system

It should explain how to properly implement the resource, and it will show what needs to be changed. Many are just a simple copy & paste (especially for spells) while others might require you to change some things. It depends on the resource. :)

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
>> How do i add the Jass, vJass, and GUI spells systems and other things into the game?
JASS - Convert Trigger to custom script; replace contents with JASS contents
vJass - Same as above, though you will need Jass NewGen Pack to parse it.
GUI - You have to manually copy the trigger from the guy's map and paste that trigger in yours.

>> If there is a camera system i want, how can i apply it to my units?
Clarify this.

>>Lets say there is a Jass spell i want if i download it into the game it gets fatal error when i save the map?
Clarify this.

>> Basically i need to know how to change the triggering units in Jass to my units.
Clarify this.

Level 8
>> How do i add the Jass, vJass, and GUI spells systems and other things into the game?
JASS - Convert Trigger to custom script; replace contents with JASS contents
vJass - Same as above, though you will need Jass NewGen Pack to parse it.
GUI - You have to manually copy the trigger from the guy's map and paste that trigger in yours.

>> If there is a camera system i want, how can i apply it to my units?
Clarify this.

>>Lets say there is a Jass spell i want if i download it into the game it gets fatal error when i save the map?
Clarify this.

>> Basically i need to know how to change the triggering units in Jass to my units.
Clarify this.

You answered it in the first one many ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.