• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I set death pact able on normal unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I tried the death pact skill. and i found that it only able to target undead.. can some1 help me on this? i want it to be able to target any unit include human

Thx for whoever helping

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I think the ability is hard coded to only allow the targets as Undead. So, in resume, it's not possible.

However, you can change the names of Undead in Advanced/ Gameplay Interface, and make the units you owe as Undead. It'll be easier that way.

I'm not sure if it's restricted to Undead only, but it may be.

Level 4
The thing is i dont wanna use trigger xD

Anyway thx for the advise on changing the "undead"

Just one more question... I try to put crushing wave to negetive value. And it does heal.. but it heal enemy unit even if i set the target is alied... any way to solve this problem?

Level 4
Hmmm use trigger to check if target unit belongs to an ally of owner of casting unit. And yeah, nowadays triggers are everything, normal object editing is becoming harder and harder to manipulate as spell ideas get more advanced.

Can you tell me more detail? Or can you list out how do i do it...
For death pact.. and also shockwave

Level 4
Unit begins casting an ability

ability equal to cast is equal to (your ability)
owner of target of ability begin cast is an enemy equal to true

make casting unit stop

that doesnt make any different.. the effect will still work on enemy and won't work for alied...

Status
Not open for further replies.