• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Death Pact based off of Steal ability

Level 2
I have been trying to make it so that Death Pact also works for living units. I did that by basing it off of the Wand of Mana Stealing ability, "Steal". I got it to work and everything except for 1 problem. I tried changing the targets allowed and everything but it still works on enemy units. Is there any way to stop it from being able to be cast on enemy units using triggers or is there a trick in the object editor to do so?

Or is there a way to make it so that when it is cast on an enemy it stops casting through triggers?

Please fast reply i need help on this

Thanks

Last edited:
Level 21
Use the magics of the channel ability and trigger most of your desired effects!
Mana stealing probably has some hardcoded stuff put in, like many default abilities have.

Level 2
Use the magics of the channel ability and trigger most of your desired effects!
Mana stealing probably has some hardcoded stuff put in, like many default abilities have.
Thanks for the reply. Will probably try to use Channel ability if all else fails